I will bless you… and you shall be a blessing.
Out of the fullness of his grace he has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another.
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
1 Peter 4:10-11
404 Collinwood Drive
Burlington, NC 27215
Welcome to FaithByTheWord!
I am Dave Winstead, Executive Director and founder of The FaithByTheWord Ministries, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation registered in the State Of North Carolina.
FaithByTheWord was founded as a means to encourage everyone to get into The Word. The Word is the means through which we are able to draw closer to The Lord so we can seek his mercy, love, and grace in times of sickness, sadness, or sorrow. It is through faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ that we can know we have a home in Heaven someday and share in His love, shelter, and protection while we live in this world.
The secret to getting God’s attention is through fellowship with Him. That’s what this website is all about – reading, studying, and sharing The Word so we can draw nearer to God. The Bible says faith comes by hearing God and hearing God more clearly and completely comes through reading and studying His Word.
This site provides many resources to help you get into The Word every day. You will find devotions, scripture selections, guidance for fellowship, tools for Bible Study, Sunday Worship Service Plans, and many other odds and ends I have collected over the years.
Please click here to learn more about our Our Christian Beliefs and Our Mission. Please follow FaithByTheWord on Facebook. You will be kept uptodate on the updates and additions that are made almost daily.
What is our mission?
- To supply Bibles and Bible study materials to pastors and pastoral training facilities worldwide.
- Much of this material is targeted to remote villages in East Africa. We have a huge following in Uganda and Kenya alone.
- We post numerous sources of material every day 7 days a week 365 days per year. Click here to review some of the material.
- To focus our efforts geographically in East Africa villages surrounding cities similar to Kampala that are located in countries such as Uganda and Kenya and that are in desperate need of Bibles and Church Buildings.
- These villages are quite primitive compared to what you may be accustomed to. No running water, no electricity. A villager walks an average of 2 miles each way every day to obtain clean drinking water. Most homes have dirt floors. Click here to see more information about these villages.
- To supply Bibles to every villager so that every person has one of their very own..
- A typical church in a village may only have 5-15 members. Many churches only have a single Bible due to lack of availability and funds. To give every member access to The Word the church will divide the single Bible into several parts such that each member gets a part. From time to time each member will exchange their part with the next member and the cycle continues over and over.
- To supply building materials to the village to build a very basic structure in which to worship.
- Many of these churches are simple structures of poles and sheets of tin and may only cost $300 to build and furnish. There is no electricity or water needed. Many church structures may only be 12×20 feet. Click here to see more information about these village churches.