We have received your Request For Aid and will be reviewing it for compatibility with our Christian Beliefs, our Mission, and our ability to fulfill your needs in whole or in part. Please be patient as we receive many requests every day and process them in the order they are received.
I am Dave Winstead, Executive Director and founder of The FaithByTheWord Ministries, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation registered in the State Of North Carolina.
FaithByTheWord was founded as a means to encourage everyone to get into The Word. The Word is the means through which we are able to draw closer to The Lord so we can seek his mercy, love, and grace in times of sickness, sadness, or sorrow. It is through faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ that we can know we have a home in Heaven someday and share in His love, shelter, and protection while we live in this world.
This site provides many resources to help you get into The Word every day. You will find devotions, scripture selections, guidance for fellowship, tools for Bible Study, Sunday Worship Service Plans, and many other odds and ends I have collected over the years.
Please click here to learn more about our Our Christian Beliefs and Our Mission. Please follow FaithByTheWord on Facebook. You will be kept uptodate on the updates and additions that are made almost daily.
What is our mission?
- To supply Bibles and Bible study materials to pastors and pastoral training facilities worldwide.
- Much of this material is targeted to remote villages in East Africa. We have a huge following in Uganda and Kenya alone.
- We post numerous sources of material every day 7 days a week 365 days per year. Click here to review some of the material.
- To focus our efforts geographically in East Africa villages surrounding cities similar to Kampala that are located in countries such as Uganda and Kenya and that are in desperate need of Bibles and Church Buildings.
- These villages are quite primitive compared to what you may be accustomed to. No running water, no electricity. A villager walks an average of 2 miles each way every day to obtain clean drinking water. Most homes have dirt floors. Click here to see more information about these villages.
- To supply Bibles to every villager so that every person has one of their very own..
- A typical church in a village may only have 5-15 members. Many churches only have a single Bible due to lack of availability and funds. To give every member access to The Word the church will divide the single Bible into several parts such that each member gets a part. From time to time each member will exchange their part with the next member and the cycle continues over and over.
- To supply building materials to the village to build a very basic structure in which to worship.
- Many of these churches are simple structures of poles and sheets of tin and may only cost $300 to build and furnish. There is no electricity or water needed. Many church structures may only be 12×20 feet. Click here to see more information about these village churches.
What are our Christian Beliefs?
- We affirm our belief in one God, infinite Spirit, creator, and sustainer of all things, who exists eternally in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. These three are one in essence but distinct in person and function.
- We affirm that the Father is the first person of the Trinity and the source of all that God is and does. From Him the Son is eternally generated and from Them the Spirit eternally proceeds. He is the designer of creation, the speaker of revelation, the author of redemption, and the sovereign of history.
- We affirm that the Lord Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity. Eternally begotten from the Father, He is God. He was conceived by the virgin Mary through a miracle of the Holy Spirit. He lives forever as perfect God and perfect man: two distinct natures inseparably united in one person.
- Holy Spirit
- We affirm that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, proceeding from the Father and Son and equal in deity. He is the giver of all life, active in the creating and ordering of the universe: He is the agent of inspiration and the new birth; He restrains sin and Satan; and He indwells and sanctifies all believers.
- We affirm that all things were created by God. Angels were created as ministering agents, though some, under the leadership of Satan, fell from their sinless state to become agents of evil. The universe was created in six historical days and is continuously sustained by God; thus it both reflects His glory and reveals His truth. Human beings were directly created, not evolved, in the very image of God. As reasoning moral agents, they are responsible under God for understanding and governing themselves and the world.
- Inspired Word of God
- We affirm that the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, though written by men, was supernaturally inspired by God so that all its words are the written true revelation of God, it is therefore inerrant in the originals and authoritative in all matters. It is to be understood by all through the illumination of the Holy Spirit, its meaning determined by the historical, grammatical, and literary use of the author’s language, comparing Scripture with Scripture.
- Fall of Man
- We affirm that Adam, the first man, willfully disobeyed God, bringing sin and death into the world. As a result, all persons are sinners from conception, which is evidenced in their willful acts of sin; and they are therefore subject to eternal punishment, under the just condemnation of a holy God.
- We affirm that Jesus Christ offered Himself as a sacrifice by the appointment of the Father. He fulfilled the demands of God by His obedient life, died on the cross in full substitution and payment for the sins of all, was buried, and on the third day He arose physically and bodily from the dead. He ascended into heaven where He now intercedes for all believers.
- We affirm that each person can be saved only through the work of Jesus Christ, through repentance of sin and by faith alone in Him as Savior. The believer is declared righteous, born again by the Holy Spirit, turned from sin, and assured of heaven.
- We affirm that the Holy Spirit indwells all who are born again, conforming them to the likeness of Jesus Christ. This is a process completed only in Heaven. Every believer is responsible to live in obedience to the Word of God in separation from sin.
- Duty of The Church
- We affirm that a church is a local assembly of baptized believers, under the discipline of the Word of God and the lordship of Christ, organized to carry out the commission to evangelize, to teach, and to administer the ordinances of believer’s baptism and the Lord’s table. Its offices are pastors and deacons, and it is self-governing. It functions through the ministry of gifts given by the Holy Spirit to each believer We affirm that the return of Christ for all believers is imminent. It will be followed by seven years tribulation, and then the coming of Christ to establish His earthly kingdom for a thousand years. The unsaved will then be raised and judged according to their works and separated forever from God in hell. The saved, having been raised, will live forever in heaven in fellowship with God.